Sunday, June 26, 2011

Finally an Update

I hope one day I will be better at this because I really do enjoy it and I love reading other peoples. So here is brief update on the last couple of months.
Our dance studio had its big annual recital and that went wonderful. We decided to make the event into a canned food drive for the victims of the Joplin Tornados. We filled the back of my Dad's truck!!! The bed of his truck was packed and it was overflowing. I am so grateful that so many people were so generous for this event.



Zane the same weekend as our recital went down to Joplin for two days to help out with the Mormon helping hands Organization. I love this picture and how the owner went and hung to flags on the remains of his house. We are so blessed to live in this great Nation! Our stake sent over 200 mend down to help that weekend. The stories from that event are just amazing. It is amazing to see how generous people are when tradegies happen. The Mormon Crews up there helping do not even have to bring up food or snacks because so many people just drive around and offer dinner, snacks, gatorades, etc...to anyone they see working. So many people have stepped in to help ease the burdens of our brothers and sisters in Joplin.

The day after Zane got back from Joplin I left for a week at girls camp! I loved being a leader with the 4th years. Camp was wonderful and it was amazing to see the love that these girls develop for one another and for the Gospel.

Currently right now in our stake I am helping all the youth learn a swing dance and a line dance that will performed at this years Youth Conference. All the stakes in Oklahoma(about 6 total) are participating in a huge pagenant about the history of Oklahoma. This production will include about 600 youth total! I am excited for the youth of Oklahoma to get to participate in something so great and big!

And then Zane and I had a week or so here at the house together and now he is gone in Canada. He is fishing with his dad. They fish all day..seriously about 10-12 hours straight for about 7 days straight. I like a good little fishing trip every now and a then but I do could not fish like they do :) So I will let this tradition stay a guy thing. Meanwhile Hudson and I are here at home and loving spending time together. I love being a Mom! It has brought me so much joy!

2 comments:

  1. Hurray for an update! Glad y'all are doing so well!! Can't wait to see pictures of how much hudson's grown! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Chel's (even if I'm a little late commenting). You all are so busy! Thinking of you as a mom just makes perfect sense. Walk proud Meesh :)

    ReplyDelete